Tennessee Verified Incentive Program (V.I.P.)
VIP is designed to encourage Tennessee producers to increase their marketing opportunities by participating in both a Pre-conditioning program and a USDA Approved Age and Source Verification program. Participation is voluntary.
- A pre-conditioning program consisting of:
- A 45 day minimum weaning period where cattle are well adjusted to feed bunks and water tanks
- Two rounds of respiratory vaccinations (1BR, BVD, P13 and BRSV) on round of shots must be modified live.
- Two rounds of seven or eight way Blackleg
- Treatment for internal and external parasites
- USDA Approved Age and Source Verification program is voluntary and administered by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). This program is a beneficial marketing tool as it provides consumers with the assurance of consistent agricultural products by verifying the age and source of cattle.
PRODUCERS participating in VIP are eligible for $15 per head up to a maximum of $750 per fiscal year, as funds are available. Reimbursement requests may be submitted any time. They will be processed during the first two weeks of November, March and July.
- Applicant must be a Tennessee resident operating a farm in Tennessee
- Premises must be registered with the Tennessee Department of Agriculture
- Current BQA certification
- Enrolled in an approved USDA Age and Source Verification Program, a listing of approved USDA programs can be located at www.usda.gov
- Participate in documented pre-conditioning program
Marketing and Reimbursement Requirements - Producers can market Pre-Conditioned, Age & Source cattle a variety of ways and receive cost share. Listed below are the marketing methods covered. Participating producers assume responsibility for reimbursement paperwork, unless selling through an approved PVP sale hosted by a TN Chartered Livestock Market.
- Livestock Market hosting a Pre-Conditioned, Age & Source Sale
- Livestock Market submits required paperwork on behalf of producer
- Producers marketing through Private Treaty, Retained Ownership, QSA, or by video
- Producers must submit the following paperwork for reimbursement:
- Pre-Conditioning/producer information form
- List of EID (electronic identification) tag numbers with birth dates
- Sales Receipt (or initial yard report for producers marketing through retained ownership). Sales receipt must include:
- Seller's information (name/address/phone)
- Buyer's information (name/address/phone)
- # Head sold
- Sale Date
Reimbursement requests may be submitted any time.
They will be processed during the first two weeks of November, March and July
Tennessee Department of Agriculture, TAEP - VIP
P.O. Box 40627
Nashville, TN 37204
For more information on the VIP Program, click here